MIDDLETON PARISH COUNCIL
  MINUTES OF A MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 18 OCTOBER 2016
AT THE RECREATION ROOM, CHURCH LANE, MIDDLETON


  Present
  Cllr Gill Keegan (Chair)
  Cllr Peter Rawlins (Vice Chair)
  Cllr Graham Smith
  Cllr Peter Rotherham
  Cllr Jack Everill

  Clerk in Attendance
  John Rowland

  Police Surgery; None this month

Public in Attendance; no residents, only potential tenants

146/16
Apologies. None necessary




147/16
Police Surgery (outstanding matter)





82/16/6. Community Speedwatch. Clerk has application forms for volunteers Costly to set up. PC Scot Ramsell had contacted Joan Lea to see if any funds could be allocated. Cllrs wanted to wait until that source of funding either came or another source had to be found. General agreement with Cllr Smith that permanent warning signs better than plastic. Clerk to email Joan Lea
Clerk



148/16
Declarations of Interest. None




149/16
Minutes of a meeting held on 27.9.2016 Agreed and signed by Cllr Keegan (Chair) as correct record of that meeting




150/16
Matters Arising from meeting of 27.9.2016 (and prior where ongoing)





22/16/5 MRRC access slope. Ongoing investigation
Cllr Rawlins




22/16/6 Church Lane Garages (repairs). Ongoing. Clerk will keep chasing
Clerk

(Case number 233761)(Angela Wates)





37/16/2 Notice Board (Allen End) Ongoing
Cllr Smith




86/16/7. Flooding, Green Lane; more bags and sand to be ordered by Clerk and to replenish stocks to Green Lane residents
Cllrs Keegan and Everill




86/16/8 Green Lane flooding and Belfry. Tracey Saunders had organised the Belfry to use a JCB to clear area but road drains of small diameter so wait until rain fall
Cllr Everill




134/16/1 Cost of disposal of dog waste and a litter bin on VG. Await communication from NWBC
Clerk




143/16/3 Cllr Everill and possibly Clerk to attend 11/11 memorial service. Clerk to advise David Biggs of TDCS
Clerk




135/16/7 Trim track (VG); ongoing to be completed (removal)
Cllrs Rawlins and Smith



151/16
Reports from Councillors





The Cllrs all wished it to go on record that the Bingo night on Friday14th October was a great success and thanks particularly to Linda Smith the "caller" Congratulations and thanks to all who helped organise





Cllr Rawlins.





151/16/1 Fly Tipping. A common theme from all Cllrs and a growing issue. Clerk has asked if NWBC or WCC can supply warning notices
Clerk




151/16/2. Keys to storage. Had obtained some but would check to see if enough for all Cllrs
Cllr Rawlins




Cllr Everill





151/16/3 Fly tipping. Crowberry Lane and Vicarage Hill. Clerk to tell NWBC
Clerk




Cllr Rotherham (covered elsewhere)





Cllr Smith (covered elsewhere)





Cllr Keegan (covered elsewhere)





Clerk





135/16/10 Crowberry Lane; Environmental issues. Ongoing Clerk to contact NWBC
Clerk




151/16/4 Neighbourhood Plans. Clerk had emailed John Crossling (Chief WALC Clerk) and had then had a conversation. There was a split decision amongst those people the Clerk had spoken to on the effectiveness and rationale of and for these plans. The Cllrs decided not to pursue anything now. HS2 would have an effect. Clerk to monitor
Clerk




151/16/5. Butchers Lane. Clerk had emailed Jane Pritchard regarding progress if any on the issue of large HGVs blocking Butchers Lane (Wood Lane)
Clerk




151/16/6 CCTV Camera. Clerk had spoken to PC Scot Ramsell as to progress on this issue. Scot would get back to Clerk
Clerk




151/16/7. Road Signage. Clerk had emailed Debbie Poynton and proposals were being prepared
Clerk




151/16/8 Flytipping signs. Clerk had obtained the name of Richard Dobbs of NWBC as a contact
Clerk




151/16/9. Winter Gritting Programme. Cllr Keegan would look at map as Clerk considered that Middleton was not on the route plan!
Cllr Keegan / Clerk



152/16
SWT





152/16/1. SWT were to cut back willow trees on SWT land near footpath
Cllr Smith



153/16
HS2. No further developments. Action group now chaired by Dr Ann Bancroft




154/16
Village Green Development and related matters





138/16/1 Susan Pallett Playground Quotation for replacement bark surface quite high. Clerk suggested asking Steve Fisher for another quote using rubberised matting and then applying to WCC  for a Community Buildings Capital Grant Fund as one of the uses could be the re surfacing of a play area
Clerk



155/16
MCC.





155/16/1 Potential Tenant. The Cllrs welcomed Jade Price and her mother and business partner Michelle Jones who very professionally presented their business plan for a children's nursery allied with other subsidiary uses of the building mostly revolving around children up to the age of 11 years. They wanted to work with the community.





Cllr Keegan thanked them both before they left the meeting and then the Cllrs discussed the two offers on the table at this moment in time. Cllr Rawlins suggested that the Cllrs decide on the parameters that a tenant would have to meet. Cllrs should individually send these to the Clerk by the end of the week. Cllr Everill had met Jon Gasgarth and his architect at MCC and they would contact the Clerk soon with any issues.




156/16
Correspondence since 27.9.2016





  1. Speed Watch; Application forms received from PC Scot Ramsell
  2. Susan Pallett P/Ground; Quote for bark replacement from Steve Fisher
  3. Correspondence relating to MCC letting and Jon Gaskarth asking for his offer
  4. Dog Waste and litter bins. Email correspondence relating to painting and siting on VG. Cllr Smith has raised height of dog waste bin VG
  5. Car in Church lane; details from Cllr to police
  6. Heart of England Farms; offer of Xmas bird to luncheon club in exchange for free ad in Dec MM. Passed to Penny Jenkins and MM Editorial team
  7. Smart Start. Clerk picked up details at Area Forum and application form. Relates to start up initiatives for 0 to 5 year olds and is up to 2500. Details from Clerk at meeting. Needs thought as to what for whom Eg access to play and learn areas / physical activity/ nutrition
  8. Area Forum West 29.9.2016. Clerk attended. Some points included infill boundaries re green belt (Middleton has one). Local plan has to accommodate nearly 4000 properties as spill over from Birmingham. A lot of interest in speed watch
  9. Speed Watch. Email from Pc Ramsell to Cllr Joan Lea asking if she would be willing to push some funds into this as not cheap. Traffic gun 900 / jackets 130 for 16/ signs about 120. No reply to Clerk yet so Clerk will ask Cllr Lea




157/16
Planning





None on the Planning lists since 27.9.2016




158/16
Finance (Clerk had given Cllrs a full report prior to meeting)





158/16/1 Balance in Bank as at 18.10.2016 (allowing for unpresented cheques etc) 14819.08





158/16/2 Next known Income; Precept and Grant April 2017 6250.





158/16/3 Cheques for approval





HMRC Clerk on cost c/n 1907  131.80 (September unpresented)


Clerk Salary October c/n 1912 527.40
Grant Thornton Audit 2016 c/n 1910 240


Eon (MCC) C/no 1911  17


S Rawlins Grass c/n 1915  66


NWBC Rates MCC November c/no 1914 548.49


NWBC Rates MCC October C/No 1909 (Unpresented for October)548.49





All approved




159/16
AOB None and no public questions




160/16
Meeting finished at 10.30 pm

161/16
Date of next meeting Tuesday 15 November 2016 Recreation Room 7.30pm.


Click here to return to Parish Council Minute Index
Welcome to the Middleton Community Web Site

Download a PDF copy of Minutes